If you’re new to cooking this one will be fun and will make you feel like a culinary artist. This is a really simple dish, in fact the hardest part of this dish is probably going to be making each ingredient that goes in the bowl.
For this dish you will need
- Taco bowls
- Rice (Prepare before hand)
- Black Beans (Prepare before hand)
- Sour Cream or make some Crema Fresca (Prepare beforehand)
- Salsa or pico de gallo (Prepare beforehand)
The taco bowl itself can be pre-made, get it at any supermarket. You can use Old El Paso Stand ‘n Stuff flour tortillas. When you take them out of the package you will notice that they are really flexible and soft. If soft and flexible is your thing, then you can move on to cooking the other contents to fill your bowl with. If you need a little crisp in your life, then you want to make sure they get crisp without burning them.
- Set your oven on to broil
- on a baking sheet with tinfoil, place your bowls on the pan and throw them in the oven for 3 mins but keep an eye on them the second you see the edges tun brown pull them out!
- then you want to flip your bowls over so you can crisp up the other side (if you want even more crispy)
Now Let’s get that Meat Ready – Oh Yeah!
Now for the meat we used ground turkey, but you can substitute the ground turkey for ground beef or even chicken, hell, steak would work just as well!
Season the meat with.
- Ground Black Pepper
- Taco Seasoning
- Couple Fennel Seeds
- Sriracha (optional for heat)
- 1/4 of a cup of beer per pound of meat
Wait for the meat to brown on medium heat stirring every couple of mins and reduce liquids on low heat.
Then remove from heat and assemble your taco bowls.
I then take the bowls and fill them with a little rice and black beans. Learn to Make Rice and Black Beans (coming soon)
Top off with your meat and Crema Fresca
From there we top our bowls with a little Salsa and cheese.
There you have it!