I’m just getting the hang of this technique of cooking the eggs just spot on, so that it runs just at the right amount. This is a dish I found browsing the internet and found a Chorizo with soft egg salad and it just sounded amazing and tasted even better! The saltiness of the chorizo with the chorizo oil all over the veggies and potatoes and the egg to combine all the flavors topped with a little Sea Salt! I’m telling you there will be a party in your mouth!
And the best part is that it’s only $4.65 to feed 4 for breakfast!
Chorizo with soft egg salad
You will need: to serve 4
- 12 yukon gold potatos halved
- 4 eggs
- a hand full of green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chorizo, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tbsp Sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 12 minutes, adding the eggs after 6 minutes, and the beans for the final 2 minutes. Drain and cool the eggs under cold running water.
- Meanwhile fry chorizo for a minute or two, until it starts to crisp up. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the oil in the pan. Add the sliced garlic to the chorizo oil and cook gently for 1 minute.
- Take the pan off the heat, stir in the vinegar and parsley, then toss with the potatoes, beans, chorizo and pinch of salt and pepper(if you can use sea salt even better). Shell the eggs, cut into quarters and add to the salad.