I was woken up today by 3 children, none of which are mine (where are they all coming from?). One yells at the T.V because he’s losing a game on Xbox and the other two were just being kids. I go outside to see whats going on and they make sure to let me know that they’re hungry… little $#*^s. That means I have to make something simple and fast or they will become more and more annoying, and then the fighting and crying starts. #Parenthood.
Go head and laugh at my pain, my girlfriend does too… Oh and guess what? Shes hungry too! Ha ha ha ha! Grrrr…
Making breakfast is a pain, because everyone wants there eggs a certain way, the bacon has to be made separately. Of course, there’s quite a few ingredients missing from my fridge this morning.
So with the limited ingredients I made some mini-breakfast cupcakes with bacon, actually with turkey bacon! But I will tell you right now, you will not notice the difference in the bacon at all!
Ingredients left to work with:
- Jar of minced garlic
- 5 Eggs
- Unopened package of Maple turkey bacon
- Ground black pepper
- 1 month old shredded cheese (hey, it looked like it was still good.)
- mini-cup cake pan
- Set your stove to 350 and start the preheating process
- Take a couple strips of bacon and cut them in half, and make an X out of the bacon in the cup cake pan. You can spray butter or a little canola oil, but the bacon has a little oil in it already so you kind of don’t have to worry that they will stick. But if you think it will help knock, yourself out!
- In a measuring cup I cracked 5 eggs, and added black pepper and garlic (but fill them with anything really… carrots, olives, spinach, tomatoes, onions, caramelized onions, peppers, feta cheese, beef, chicken, pork, sea food) and mix together.
- Then use the measuring cup to pour the egg mix into the bacon bowls
- Then I added a little aged cheese on top of all my little breakfast cupcakes and threw them in the oven.
- Let them bake for about 15- 20 mins.
- Then just carefully pull them out and plate, and as one of the little ones figured out they taste extra good with a little maple syrup on top!
- And that’s it, you’re done! Make them tomorrow or the next time you have a little brunch get together!